The Irinox Freddy is the first blast chiller made for home use, with an elegant design that will appeal in any kitchen. Blast chillers are used in commerical kitchens to quickly cool and heat food to the ideal storage or serving temperatures.
The Freddy is an amazing appliance with so many other uses. Here are just some of the functions you will be able to do with your blast chiller:
- Fast freeze food such as fresh meats, seafood, vegetables and fruit. By quickly cooling food, large ice crystals are not able to form allowing the food to retain the best flavor and texture.
- Quicky thaw food in a controlled manner. Serving ice cream but hate to scoop it when it's rock hard? Before your alternative was to leave it out of the freezer and degrade the quality. Freddy can quickly bring it up to your desired temperature.
- Have a bottle of wine that needs to be cooled or brought up to the ideal temperature to serve? Freddy raises or lowers the temperature of a bottle of wine 1 degree per minute. Your wine will be ready in no time.
- Cook meat and fish at low temperature.
- Proof bread, pizza and focaccia.
- Leaving for the day but want a warm meal when you or your kids get home? Take the meal out of the refrigerator, tell Freddy how hot it should get and the time it should be ready and that's it. Freddy will keep it cold, keeping it safe, and then heat to your desired temperature at the right time. If someone is late, no problem. Freddy will keep it warm for them.
Freddy is a dream come true for serious cooks who want the best in food preparation and time saving appliances. It’s an instrument with which to lock the succulence into food at just the right moment and keep it intact over time. Flavor, vitamins, color and consistency are always at their best.
Freddy is operated via an easy-to-use digital interface with multiple functions. The controls are soft-touch, entirely without push buttons.
All Freddy components comply with the most stringent international environmental and food safety standards
Freddy is made entirely from stainless steel, and is equipped with a probe that monitors food core temperature and an intuitive, easy-to-use soft touch control panel.
The appliance comes with a power cord (2 m long). Make sure there is at least 50 mm clearance at the top of the cavity. Fit the appliance away from heat sources, ovens or appliances that produce heat.
BLACK GLASS WITH AN ANODIZED STEEL HANDLE (scheduled to ship to customers in early May 2022)
BRUSHED STEEL WITH MATT BLACK HANDLE (no availability scheduled yet)
W min. 597 mm
D min. 590 mm
H min. 450 mm